Make Ready, Tips on Preparing Your Home for Sale: Overall
Darian Rausch, REALTOR®
Urban to Suburban Realty Team
So in our previous posts, we outlined areas to focus your attention on preparing your home for sale; the exterior, landscape, roof, garage, attic, kitchen and the bathrooms.
Now, let’s focus on all of those miscellaneous items that are equally as important to the appearance of your home.
- Are the excess items that can be re-packed and stored away in order to make the rooms appear larger?
- Do the walls and woodwork need new paint?
- Are there any holes or cracks in the walls?
- Does the wallpaper need replacing? Answer: Yes.
- Are the windows clean (inside and out)?
- Are the floors cleaned and polished?
- Are there any stains or damage from water leaks?
- Is the carpet clean, stretched flat and stain-free?
- Are the draperies clean and property working?
- Do any squeaky hinges need lubricating?
- Are the ceiling fans and vents clean?
- Do the windows open and close easily?
- Has the house been deep cleaned?
- Do any doors stick?
- Do all the locks work properly and have the appropriate keys?
- Do the doors seal properly?
- Are all the lights working?
The Urban to Suburban Team has a resource list of vendors that can assist you with many of these items, from window cleaning, painting, to general handyman services.