Make Ready, Tips on Preparing Your Home for Sale – Focus: The Home’s Exterior, Landscape, and Roof
By: Darian Rausch, REALTOR®
Urban to Suburban Realty Team
If you’re considering selling your home, we’ve provided a checklist for you to review and consider, specifically when evaluating the exterior of the home. Of course, a member of the team is always available to make suggestions and offer an opinion on the condition of the property and offer a list of make-ready vendors to assist you.
- Does the house need fresh paint?
- Are holes and cracks visible?
- Are sidewalks, porches, and decks swept and in good shape?
- Is there any objects obstructing the sidewalks, walkways or patios e.g. large potted plants
- Is there an “inviting appeal”?
- Do the windows and door screens need to be replaced?
- Does the house trim need repair/paint?
- Are there any signs of insect or rodent damage?
- Are gutters and downspouts secure and clean?
- Are shrubs and trees trimmed?
- Is the lawn fertilized?
- Are flowers planted?
- Is the lawn mowed and edged?
- Has pet waste been picked up and disposed of?
- Has the lawn been weeded?
- Are there any holes in the yard that need filled.
- Are any fence pickets in need of replacing or painting?
- Are there any known leaks?
- Are there shingles or tiles missing?
- Does the chimney need any work done?
- Does the roof have any unlevel areas?
- Are there any unclaimed insurance claims (e.g. shingle replacement)?