Preparation makes the selling process smoother and more efficient.
Just like in the buying process, the Urban to Suburban Realty Team can be a huge asset. The team can guide you on preparing your home for potential buyers, pricing your home to sell and negotiating a good deal. We can also assist with preparing you for the closing. Together, we’ll review any timing requirements regarding the sale of your home, as this may affect the price that is established.
Before you hit the market, focus on first impressions.
You’ll want to get your home ready for prospective buyers prior to putting it on the market. Taking these few steps can mean the difference between a potential buyer going inside and driving by. Of course, the team can arrange to have a home stager walk the property and provide a comprehensive make-ready report.
Here are a few tips to prepare your home for sale:
- Walk-through the home and ask yourself, “Would I buy this home?”
- Try to take your feelings out of the equation and look at your home objectively. The team recommends using a home stager to provide make-ready guidance.
- Hiring a home inspector to perform a pre-sale inspection is a great way to identify any maintenance issues to address prior to hitting the market. Addressing maintenance issues in advance heads off any buyer concerns and demonstrates that you, as the seller, take great care of your home.
- Don’t make any major changes or repairs. The team will offer advice on any upgrades. It’s important to not over improve the property as you may not be able to get the return. Flooring, paint, and appliances are a good place to look and upgrade.
- Prioritize the list in relation to when the house is going on the market. Give yourself plenty of time to have the work performed, as contractors and handymen are in high-demand and require scheduling weeks in advance.
- Prepare a timetable for repairs and changes, and stick to it.